Ask the Schoolar
Ask The Scholar
Question Details

Question: I need to take khula. What is the process and how do I begin?


If you are in Canada, I would advise you to apply for divorce using the available legal channels. Once the court grants you the divorce, it can be endorsed as a valid Islamic divorce. 
There is no other safe method of getting a khula since we don't have a Shari'ah court operating in Canda. Therefore, to try to get it by any other way could be risky and therefore not advisable. 


Ask the Schoolar