Ask the Schoolar
Ask The Scholar
Question Details

Question: AOA i was a hindu girl but i recently converted to islam with grace of Allah. I love a muslim man who showed me this true path. But now due to his family problem he is marrying someone else and my parents will make me marry a hindu boy as they dont know i am converted( even if i tell them they will not accept) Please help me what should i do now? will that boy leave me like this for his family or he should support me? please help


Let me state upfront: The Qur'an categorically states: 'There shall be no compulsion in religion." (Qur'an: 2: 256).
Therefore, no one is allowed to force anyone to convert to Islam. The Qur'an also upholds freedom of conscience as a basic tenet of faith. 
So, if you did choose to convert after having studied in Islam on your own free will that is valid. If the boy proposed to marry you afterward, then reneged on it due to the pressure of his parents, he has betrayed you. As a Muslim, he is bound to keep his promise. He is not obliged to give in to the pressure of his parents in this matter. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "There is no obedience to anyone in disobedience to the Creator." (Reported by Daraqutni on the authority of Imran b. al-Husayn).
While making the above statement, I am assuming that both of you are mature adults and not minors. 


Ask the Schoolar