Ask the Schoolar
Ask The Scholar
Question Details

Question: I left my abusive husbands house to my parents house seven months ago. He still refuses to divorce me. What is the Islamic ruling regarding this? Can I go out without his permission and can I speak to other men?
If your husband is abusive, you have the right to seek a divorce. If he refuses to give divorce, you should use the legal channels and get the divorce.
You are not allowed to look for another man until your divorce is final. 
If you were to do so - before getting the final divorce - you are in breach of your marriage contract.
For details, please refer to my answer linked below:


Related links
Ask the Schoolar